Wondering how to make your CNAPP strategy dazzle? Here you go.
Imagine you have shields that protect your cloud-native applications from all sorts of digital dangers. Well, they exist in reality, and are what Gartner calls Cloud-Native Application Protection Platforms, or CNAPPs for short.
Now imagine your shields can talk (stay with me) and they are all talking to you all at once. Loudly. They’re each trying to tell you about threats in your cloud environments without much context about how they were built and deployed. Some might be talking to you about duplicate issues. Some about false positives. Some about issues that you can’t really fix yourself. Some about issues that aren’t even important. And some might be trying to tell you about critical issues—the ones that are real risks to your business. The problem is, with all the noise, it’s almost impossible to make sense of what matters, and respond to it quickly to save our precious cloud applications.
Now for the dazzling part. According to Gartner’s recent CNAPP market guide, this is where platforms like Dazz shine. The Gartner definition of CNAPP is: “a unified and tightly integrated set of security and compliance capabilities designed to secure and protect cloud-native applications across development and production. CNAPPs consolidate a large number of previously siloed capabilities, including container scanning, cloud security posture management, infrastructure as code scanning, cloud infrastructure entitlement management, runtime cloud workload protection and runtime vulnerability/configuration scanning.” That’s a lot of new vulnerabilities and risks to process.
By combining the power of Dazz and CNAPPs, you can automatically deduplicate alerts, prioritize critical issues, find owners, and remediate vulnerabilities at root causes super fast with recommended fixes. The result? Mean time to remediation improves dramatically — from weeks to days — and risk windows close faster than ever.
Dazz helps companies on the road to CNAPP nirvana. Implementing a CNAPP strategy requires a huge toll and amazing collaboration from security teams, DevOps, engineers, and even third party vendors. Dazz helps you build this iteratively, in the most natural way for all of the relevant stakeholders. You can protect cloud-native applications, plus enhance the security posture of the entire environment from software and security controls to developer environment and clouds, without the usual frustration of yet another detection tool.
For example, with Dazz as the backbone of your CNAPP strategy you can proactively:
- Discover and prioritize security issues across CNAPPs, SCAs, SASTs, DASTs throughout the CI/CD process. Dazz seamlessly fits into your DevOps world, helping you integrate security into every step. Dazz ingests and makes sense of cloud security scanner alerts, automatically prioritizing where you should focus remediation efforts first.
- Keep a watchful eye on your cloud security applications and infrastructure. Dazz uses AI, LLM, and data correlation to automatically discover vulnerabilities and misconfigurations across code, containers, and clouds. You immediately get context on issue root causes, plus the actions to take to fix them all in a developer-friendly workflow.
- Clean up the architecture as you switch tools. Dazz helps you build a single, consistent data warehouse for all of your security findings, regardless of tools. That way you will have a single remediation process, from clean data to actionable tickets that are easy to track and follow up on.
- See how you’re doing on the path to zero criticals. Dazz lets you extend remediation visibility to business unit leaders and engineers, so they can see if they are meeting their MTTR goals and making progress in getting to zero criticals.
In summary, using Dazz as the foundation for your CNAPP strategy is a smart way to speed time to value in remediation and gain confidence that your code-to-cloud pipelines are secure.
Ready to learn more?
- Take a look at this blog on 7 Mitigation Methods to Prevent Cloud Attacks
- See what Gartner has to say on CNAPP
- Find out what you need to know to build a secure SDLC
And if you have questions, we’re here for you! Reach out to us anytime here: https://www.dazz.io/who-we-are#contact-us.